This item can be customized ANY way you like - Request A Quote!
- Dimensions:41H 50.5W 23D
- This beautiful Bombe chest features an inlaid banding separating the burl walnut finish from the mahogany crossbanding and a variegated marble top. Elegant curves accentuate this piece giving it the Bombe style. The six smooth operating drawers are finished inside and feature solid brass ormolu drawer pulls. The two different sculpted figurines on either side reminds one of French Courtiers. This gorgeous chest is sure to create a focal point in any room in your home.
Other Dimensions: (Other Dimensions)
Top Left Drawer 7.25H x 13.5W x 11.5/16D
2nd Left Drawer 7H x 13.75W x 13.75/17.75D
Bottom Left Drawer 7.25H x 13.75W x 12/16.75D
Top Right Drawer 7H x 13.75W x 11.75/16D
2nd Right Drawer 6.75H x 14W x 13/17.5D
Bottom Right Drawer 7.5H x 13.75W x 12/16.5D
About Bombe Commodes: Bombe chests, also referred to as Bombay commodes, are good for any furniture collection. Our wide variety of bombe chests cover many finishes and styles. They are versatile pieces that compliment any decor from the foyer to the bedroom and have many uses. They can be used as decorative or occasional pieces with mirrors or paintings above, as a chest of drawers, or converted into vanities with sinks. Whatever the use, the quality construction shines through on these incredibly rich chests.
Construction: Our reproduction furniture is known for its elegant designs, ornate carvings, beautiful bombe shapes, brass ormolu mounts, marble tops, intricate marquetry inlays and decorative veneers. This is top quality furniture made by craftsman with skills not available elsewhere. These pieces are handcrafted in a workshop, not mass produced in a factory. The wood frame of each piece is made of solid beechwood and finished with mahogany, walnut, or natural burl veneers. Often the veneers are inlaid with banding and beautiful floral or Venetian marquetry. The marquetry will contain woods with contrasting colors and grains like oak, walnut, mahogany, lemonwood, rosewood, or peachwood. You may also find pieces with hand painted accents on French reproduction furniture. It is not unusual for these pieces to contain some structural plywood in the underlying wood or drawers. When working with veneers, it is important that the wood not expand, shrink or crack and quality plywood is inherently stable and creates a valuable, beautiful piece of furniture that will last a lifetime.
FREE SHIPPING applies to 48 Continental United States only, does not include Hawaii, Alaska, or US Territories.
ADDITIONAL SHIPPING CHARGES
Additional shipping charges will apply to the following locations for shipments by a Common Carrier Truck Line. Please let us know in advance if you live in the locations below so we can get a shipping quote with a suitable carrier. If your order does incur additional shipping fees, any returns will also incur additional fees. Additional charges will not apply to smaller items that ship USPS.
- Islands and locations which require a ferry toll
- Remote areas and heavily congested cities not readily accessible by delivery vehicle
- Locations which require freight to be flown or barged in
Smaller items will ship UPS; larger furniture items will be freight shipped. All standard freight delivery will be shipped by Curbside Delivery service.
Standard Curbside Delivery
- One delivery person. They may require your assistance for large/oversized items.
- We advise that you enlist help to move the package inside.
- Delivery of your new furniture as closest to your garage or front door as possible (given that access to those areas is not obstructed.)
- Does not include moving package inside, assembly, or box removal.
- FREE to Continental USA 48 states (except Hawaii, Alaska, islands and remote areas.)
Estimated shipping times from receipt of payment to delivery to Continental USA. Shipping time is subject to change depending on stock availability. Items ordered together may be shipped separately on rare occasions. Upon shipment of your order, you will be notified via email of the carrier bringing your item, as well as package tracking information.
- Standard orders/In Stock: 1-4 weeks
- Furniture Care Items: 2-5 Business Days
- Small items (Non Furniture Care):7-10 Business Days
- Furniture: 2-4 weeks
- White Glove Delivery: 4-6 weeks (due to the level of service please allow extra time for White Glove Delivery over standard shipping)
- Backordered items: 4-8 weeks
- International Orders: Please be aware that while we ship out international orders in the time quoted, shipments may be delayed due to Customs/Clearance.